Vitamins for hair - low molecular weight compounds that activate the flow of biochemical reactions in the hair follicle.
Regular supply of oxygen and nutrients to the bulb helps maintain the health of the curls and prevents their fragility and loss. Lack of vitamins in the human body leads to a loss of shine, strength, elasticity of the hair, provokes baldness. The scalp becomes dry or excessively oily, dandruff appears.
You can get nutrients from various sources: with food, vitamin and mineral complexes internally or externally, hair care products.
Remember, a hair consists of a long fiber covered with numerous horny scales. His condition depends on the nutrition of the follicle located on the head, face or body. Therefore, for the normal functioning of the bulb, maintaining the health of the hair, carefully monitor the regularity of nutrient intake.
Factors that increase the risk of hair loss
- Severe infection, surgery, serious illness. The most dangerous for hair are thyroid dysfunction, ringworm of the scalp, autoimmune diseases, lupus. Any operation, serious infections, accompanied by high fever, and this is a great stress for the body. As a result, hormonal balance is disturbed, which leads to hair loss.
- Hereditary predisposition. If one of the parents suffered from baldness, the likelihood that you will encounter it increases by 50%.
- Age. As a rule, the issue of hair loss becomes relevant after 50 years, since the hormonal restructuring of the body of men and women begins actively from this period, its adaptive capabilities decrease, and cardiovascular problems worsen.
- Strong drug therapy. Long-term use of hormonal contraceptives, antidepressants, blood thinners and medications for acne, psoriasis, gout, arthritis lead to hair loss.
- Pregnancy, childbirth. Due to the elevated level of certain hormones, women do not fall out of hair during the bearing of the baby, they continue to grow even after the end of their life cycle. However, 2 to 3 months after giving birth, they begin to "climb" at the same time. This phenomenon is due to the fact that during this period the hormonal background of a woman is normalized and normal processes of "growth - loss" of hair are restored.
- Defective, unbalanced diet. Deficiency of proteins, minerals and vitamins in the diet leads to the fact that the hair does not receive the necessary nutrients, stop growing, fall out. This problem is most often encountered by vegetarians, adherents of strict mono-diets, and people with eating disorders.
- Improper hair care. Mechanical damage to the hair follicle, fiber, scalp, and illiterate cosmetics are the most common causes of hair loss.
- Chemotherapy, taking anticancer drugs. The spectrum of action of drugs against cancer is aimed at stopping cell division in the body. This leads to thinning of the hair, breaking it off directly at the surface of the scalp. After the end of therapy and the cancellation of taking anticancer drugs, with a favorable course of the disease, hair growth resumes and hair is restored.
Other causes of hair loss: lack of absorption of vitamins and minerals due to diseases of the digestive tract, imbalance of hormones of the genitals or thyroid gland, mechanical damage.
Useful substances for hair
Nutrient deficiency slows down the course of biochemical reactions, hair fiber cells, due to low metabolic rate, begin to starve, suffocate, and their nutrition is disturbed. As a result, the curls lose their attractive appearance, split, the hair is thinning.
Vitamins for hair activate reactions that ensure the synthesis of collagen fibers in them.
Losses of strands result from a lack of one or more nutrients (two to four).
Vitamins for hair:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2). It supports an active blood flow to the hair follicles, which ensures regular transport of oxygen and beneficial substances to them. Good nutrition of the follicle prevents brittle, secular and hair loss. Signs of riboflavin deficiency in the body: dry tips, excessive fatty strands at the roots.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3, PP). It normalizes the course of metabolic reactions, improves the nutrition of hair follicles. Lack of nicotinamide slows the growth of curls, provokes dryness.
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). Useful properties of the nutrient: nourishes the cells of the bulb, stimulates blood circulation, growth, improves metabolism. Panthenol is indicated for strengthening hair and stopping hair loss. This is one of the most important vitamins for maintaining and restoring the normal structure of hair. Vitamin B5 protects against the premature appearance of gray hair.
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6). This is a powerful stimulator of metabolic reactions. It eliminates the itching of the scalp, removes dandruff, stops hair loss. Pyridoxine deficiency causes tarnishing of the curls and destruction of the follicle.
- Biotin (Vitamin H). This is the main nutrient for maintaining healthy hair. It provides elasticity, strength and beauty to the strands. Biotin regulates the work of the sebaceous glands, maintains a normal metabolic rate. The lack of an element in the body causes the hair to become greasy, then lose their strength and begin to crawl out.
- Vitamins B5, H are the most effective compounds against the loss of curls. They are needed for intensive growth, renewal of the hair sheet, nutrition of the bulb and restoration of strands after oxygen starvation and vitamin deficiency.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9). Activates the synthesis of new cell structures that replace worn out old ones. Folic acid enhances the beneficial properties of vitamin B5, due to which hair grows faster and falls out less. With insufficient intake of nutrients into the body, the fiber and follicle of curls weaken, the strands become thinner, lose their natural luster, become lifeless and turn gray.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C). It normalizes blood circulation, due to which the nutrition of the bulb improves. As a result, the structure of the hair fiber is strengthened, the hair acquires a healthy shine and becomes softer. A lack of vitamin C causes moderate loss of strands.
- Retinol (Vitamin A). Reduces fragility of hair, increases its elasticity, improves the course of metabolic reactions in the roots, accelerates growth, ensures normal density of hair. In addition, retinol normalizes the rate of cell regeneration. Vitamin A deficiency leads to overdrying of the scalp, the appearance of dry seborrhea, dandruff and gradual hair loss.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E). It improves blood circulation, prevents the appearance of gray hair, protects against the harmful effects of UV rays, gives a natural shine, silkiness. In addition, tocopherol eliminates inflammation and itching of the head, stimulates hair growth, restores weakened and damaged curls. The main function of vitamin E is to deliver oxygen and nutrition of the follicle. Lack of nutrient suppresses the production of sebum, which leads to dandruff or seborrhea.
- Vitamin F. Protects hair from the negative effects of the environment, mechanical damage, strengthens them, stops hair loss.
For hair restoration, vitamins are recommended to be applied internally in capsules and externally in ampoules, exclusively in diluted form. It is strictly forbidden to use the liquid form of the nutrient in its pure form, since a high concentration of the substance can damage the fiber and follicle, cause an allergic reaction. Before use, add two to three drops of vitamin in shampoo or conditioner and apply to hair. Wait 5 to 15 minutes, then rinse. Such a mask will saturate curls with nutrients, strengthen their structure and prevent further loss.
Minerals for hair
In addition to vitamins, macro / micronutrients that nourish the hair shaft and follicle, stimulating their growth and vital activity, play a crucial role in maintaining the health of hair.
Consider which minerals affect the condition of curls.
- Iron. The main objective of the compound is oxygen transport and participation in oxidative processes. Iron deficiency in the body is the most common cause of female pattern baldness. The mineral is found in beets, spinach, prunes, meat, eggs, raisins.
- Zinc. Regulates the sebaceous glands, controls the secretion of testosterone, excess of which causes hair loss. As a result, zinc prevents premature baldness. Therefore, this mineral is especially important for middle-aged men. Natural sources of zinc: peas, milk, eggs, shellfish, meat.
- Sulfur. Participates in the production of collagen, so the lack of connection weakens the very foundation of hair. The mineral is concentrated in sunflower seeds, onions, seafood, meat, asparagus, egg yolk.
- Silicon. Promotes the production of elastin and collagen, gives elasticity, strength to hair. This biogenic element is present in chicken meat, root crops, and cereals.
- Selenium. Stimulates hair growth, acting as a "building material" for them. The mineral is practically not found in food; it can only be found in mushrooms.
- Iodine. Normalizes the nervous system, strengthens the hair fiber, prevents its fragility.
With a balanced diet, food products supply the body with all the macro-, microelements and vitamins necessary for the normal nutrition of the bulb and the growth of hair fiber. However, during pregnancy, lactation, seasonal vitamin deficiencies, menopause, stress and after illness, a person needs their additional intake. Lack of useful compounds in the body worsens well-being, reduces performance and leads to brittleness, dullness, hair loss and excessive oily / dry scalp. To strengthen the structure of curls and improve the condition of the hair, it is recommended to regularly drink biologically active additives, make vitamin masks that strengthen.
Remember, the most important nutrients for maintaining healthy hair are ascorbic acid, biotin, panthenol, retinol, tocopherol. Deficiency of these compounds in the body causes baldness (alopecia).
What is necessary for men's hair?
To stop baldness, representatives of the strong half of humanity need to take thiamine, tocopherol, retinol, biotin, in a daily dosage. The course of therapy depends on the condition of the hair and the rate of improvement. The maximum duration of intensive treatment is two months. If after this period the hair continues to fall out, you should take a break for three weeks, then drink the vitamins again.
For the prevention of alopecia, middle-aged men (from 35 years old) should take nutrients regularly: for 30 days every four months. To do this, it’s enough to choose the right vitamin-mineral complex: the minimum dosage of biotin in it should exceed 20 micrograms.
Preparations for strengthening hair fiber and bulbs in men:
- Velman Tricholodjik;
- Vitrum Beauty;
- Centrum Silver;
- Alphabet Biorhythm;
- Duovit for men;
- Will direct;
- ABC Spectrum;
- Pikovit Plus;
- Bioactive minerals.
These vitamins are useful for hair, nails, teeth, eyes, and are also vital for the work of all internal organs and systems.
Vitamins for Women's Hair
Hair loss in girls indicates a lack of B vitamins (riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin), C, A, E, H, F in the body. The action of these compounds is aimed at strengthening the structure of the rod and improving the nutrition of the follicle.
It is recommended to combine the intake of vitamins inside and out (in the form of masks). This will speed up the restoration of damaged hair and stop baldness.
From folk remedies, decoctions of burdock, chamomile, nettle have proven themselves. Brew them immediately before use or application to strands. Effectively nourishes and eliminates dry scalp peach oil.
Vitamin-mineral complexes for improving the condition of hair, nail plates, skin in women:
- Ladys formula;
- Alphabet Cosmetics;
- Duovit for women;
- Complex Lunden Ilona “Skin Hair Nails”;
- Formula of a woman;
- Vitrum Beauty;
- Complies with Radiance.
For the best effect, it is recommended to use balms against hair loss in conjunction with vitamins. They will smooth the scales, nourish the structure from the inside / outside, make silky hair.
Remember, strengthening hair requires an integrated approach. In addition to enriching the diet with vitamins, minerals and the use of medicinal cosmetics, you need to sleep more, walk in the fresh air (away from the motorways), exclude carbonated drinks from the menu, spicy, fried foods, and be less nervous.
Constant stress, neurosis, physical strain exerts a destructive effect on the state of hair. A strong emotional shock leads to the fact that the bulb freezes in the resting phase, as a result, the fiber growth stops, and after 2-3 months the strands attached to unhealthy follicles begin to fall out.
In addition, hair begins to climb intensively during pregnancy, after childbirth, during breastfeeding. The reason for this phenomenon is the consumption of vitamins and minerals by the woman’s body on the formation and laying of the baby’s internal organs. After childbirth, beneficial compounds continue to be supplied intensively with mother's milk to the baby, ensuring its growth and development. As a result, a woman does not have enough useful substances to maintain the health of her own skin, hair, nails, teeth, and as a result, vitamin deficiency gradually develops.
To replenish supplies for pregnant and lactating women, it is better to use the following vitamin-mineral complexes, without waiting for symptoms of vitamin deficiency: Alphabet Mom's health, Vitrum Prenatal, Gendevit, Materna, Vitaspectrum; Vitatress.
To stop baldness, vitamins are recommended to be taken orally (in the form of tablets) and used externally to prepare nutritious masks (in ampoules). Before buying hair care products, carefully study the composition. Liquid vitamins in ampoules are suitable for any type of hair: dry locks moisturize, remove greasy shine from greasy ones. The collagen that is part of it will fill microcracks on the fiber, keratin will eliminate split ends, and proteins will make it easier to comb.
Vitamins in ampoules are nutrition for the scalp, they eliminate dryness and peeling at the roots of the hair.
- Liquid vitamins should not be applied to the hair in its pure form. It is useful to alternate the combinations: "B6 + A + E", "B6 + B1 + E", "B6 + B12 + A".
- Before washing your hair, add three drops of vitamin to the shampoo.If you pour the contents of the ampoule into the product and leave it at least for an hour, useful compounds will be destroyed. Therefore, you need to prepare a "vitamin mixture" immediately before use.
- Apply the composition to the scalp, foam and distribute through the hair in smooth movements. Rinse with warm water.
- Reapply fortified shampoo, wait five minutes, then rinse your hair.
After eating, it is not recommended to dry the hair with a hairdryer. Let the hair dry naturally.
Thus, a balanced diet is the basis of health and beauty. At the same time, hair and nails will help to assess the condition of the body. Even the best cosmetics will not mask problems with hair, if the body is deficient in vitamins and minerals.
The lack of useful compounds disrupts the nutrition of the bulb, stops the growth of hair fiber, leads to their loss. Regular intake of vitamin-mineral complexes (Perfectil, Revalida, Aevita, Vitrum Beauty), an eight-hour sleep, massage of the scalp, masks, drinking regimen (one and a half liters per day) will strengthen the structure of the strands and give a healthy shine to the hair.